the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit to South Stack Anglesey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Sanderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit to South Stack Anglesey
    Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:11pm
Hi all. Took a trip down to South stack on the West coast of Anglesey yesterday. Got there for 10 am and it was already hot. Apparently temps got up to 26 degrees yesterday. Spent four hours or so rambling around in the scrubland. Found plenty of lizards - It's strange that I spent 28 years not seeing one and then once you've spotted one you seem to find them every where. This place is totally crawling with them! I even put my hand out and one walked onto it and sat there quite happily for a good 5 minutes. 

Went hunting for my first adder and missed one by seconds - The family walking 30 yards behind me spotted it but by the time I walked back to see it the little girls screams had scared it off. The father of the family had snapped a picture which I had a look at and had to say I'm gutted I missed it. 

The only addder I saw was a squashed one on the roads on the way down which is sad. So I'm sure I'll take another trip down their - It's about 90 miles from my house but was well worth the trap. This place is obviously crawling with reptiles and when I spoke to the local warden he was shocked that I'd not manged to see one. 

The search continues...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic