the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Naturalised
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viperine/Dice Snake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viperine/Dice Snake
    Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:40pm
During the summer a post mentioned the possibility of Viperine/Dice Snake being in Yorkshire or Humberside. As usual I've lost all my references and contact details for this. Did the people involved get anywhere with confirming this????
-LAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -LAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2006 at 2:11pm
Not yet I'm affraid. I've visited the site once since then and nothing came up. The second photo taken there that I thought may also have been a viperine snake was, indeed, an adder feigning death. Which leaves me with one definate photo of unconformed credentials. I'm back on the case pestering picture library staff for contact details but so far it's with one library via another library etc.

Funny how wild geese always run away...

Anyway, the Photo in question is currently lodged with Holt Studios (which I'm hoping is ground zero and represents the photographer directly - earlier listing on alamy was through them). It's still being sold as an adder pic. The photogrpaher is a Peter Wilson. The site in question is Crowle Waste, a HUGE expanse of the Thorne moor complex that lies predominantly in north west Lincolnshire (Isle of Axholme), but the complex extends well into south Yorkshire. It has been HEAVILY impacted by peat stripping, but is still an excellent site for reptiles (though quite hard work due to the scale and accessibiltity).

As I find out more I'll post updates.

Lee.
Lee Fairclough
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic