the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiny lizard in my cellar?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiny lizard in my cellar?
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:03pm
I was coming up the steps from our cellar (tanked and lined 10 months ago) when I noticed what I thought was a very small lizard, poking out from beneath the timber wall cladding. As I watched, it slowly withdrew back behind the cladding. I went back with my phone cam the resultant image wasn't terribly helpful.

Luckily, I have just gone down again and our visitor was out and about.

Is it usual to find one of these small creatures in such a location? I'm now worried about cleaning because I have used the vacuum cleaner with a nozzle attachment to clean between the floor and the timber cladding. If I do that now, the small creature's life will be at risk.

Conservation suggestions would be helpful.

Regards.

Neil Jay

Edited by Neil Jay - 19 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Neil Jay
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:16pm
Hi Neil,

Sorry for belated reply, sadly some posts seem to fall through the net and do not get authorized for people to view.

It is actually a newt. Newts spend much of their life in 'terrestrial' stage, where they live on land but they like dark and damp places, like cellars.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic