the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tin checking frequency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tin checking frequency
    Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 2:51pm
Folks,
        What period of time do you leave between tin checks at individual sites?  For 2 sites I try and check monthly.    Does more frequent checks and therefore more disturbance make it likely that the tins are less likely to be used?  As always, comments appreciated.

Cheers, Mark
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 2:56pm

For mitigation works we often check 'tins' twice daily. You can pretty much check as often as you like really so long as you keep to set paths to reduce the disturbance to a minimum. I think at some sites I monitor my own little paths actually give some better open aspects within the habitat

I would say more frequent checks often give a better feel for the site and your are far more likely to be in the right place at the right time to record the animals.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic