the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thursday 11th May

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thursday 11th May
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 4:02pm
.......was the first warm, wet night for ages here. That characteristic smell of fresh rain on bone dry ground hanging in the air.

And of course, out came the frogs. They were moving about the garden, wherever i looked.
Ah who cares about rain then...let it pour!

this individual was there to greet me on the steps....

On old railway sleepers. They love to hide under these. Lift one and there's frogs leaping away in all directions (not that i do it often you understand).

2 on a log pile...

chubsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:39pm
Lovely photo, great the way the frog in the top photo has the same colour scheme as the grey concrete and green lichen. Plenty of frogs left the pond last night here too, first decent rain for a few months, very nice to see as the tadpoles have all pretty much died off, although the weed is starting to thrive.

Unfortunately when i came home from work at 11pm i accidentally kicked a hedgehog who was on the path. I dropped my bag indoors and went outside to check him again, saw what i thought was him on the gravel and went to pick him up - turns out that one was a female and i accidentally kicked the poor male again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic