the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That time of year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Sanderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That time of year
    Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:18pm
I'm planning on my first trip out of the year tomorrow. Heading into North Wales to see if I can spot me my first Adder of the year. I'll be in Manchester till 1 so should arrive at destination around 2.30. Hopefully just in time to catch anything tempted out by the sun.

I'll report anything I manage to find...

Fingers crossed.
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:25pm
good luck dave. i've been getting to a local site around four this week and the sun has already been quite low and temps cooling. only a few viv lizards out. 2:30 should be ok though but if you can get there earlier i would.

cheers
tom
David Sanderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Sanderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 10:25pm
Well - the trip turned up a blank. The fog that covered much of the NW throughout the morning only just lifted when I arrived at 2.45. After hiking to the spot the sun finally broke through but I think it was just too late i the day for things to warm up. Hung around for an hour or so but gave up when the sun started dipping behind the trees. Think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before my next trip.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic