the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrapin and a Water Frog for ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yashca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrapin and a Water Frog for ID
    Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:12pm
Hi everyone. In May I had a drive down to London with some friends to try and see Aesculapian Snake. Sadly we were unsuccessful, but we did see a few Monk Parakeet, as well as a couple of herps I would like some help with.

The above picture was taken at a pond in Epping. We were told that the frogs here were Pool Frogs. We didn't hear them call and couldn't get that near to them, the above picture is about the best we could do. Can anyone confirm what species occurs in this pond?

We also saw this beast in Epping forest - Red Eared Slider? I've never seen one before, all the waterways near me seem pretty clear.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Madfossa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madfossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:16pm
Hi, 
the top one looks like a pool/edible frog, which pond did you see it in? I live in the area

bottom one is possibly a yellow bellied slider, ive seen them this year, nice spots !!
Yashca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yashca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:28pm
What angle of photo would be needed to confirm the terrapin?

I will PM you the location for the water frogs so you can have a look yourself. I wish they had been calling whilst I was there so I could record it.
liamrussell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamrussell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 8:43am
I'd say the terrapin is a red-eared slider, albeit with faded 'ears'.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic