the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tagged today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tagged today
    Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 1:57pm
At 1.30pm today while out with my friend at ash ranges I was bitten with one fang by an adult male adder. The snake got tangled in heather and like a fool i didn't let go.
Immeadiately felt the burn at the site of the bite and my finger became swollen within about 4 minutes. the swelling spread gradualy through all fingers and pain was felt localy and up my left forearm to the elbow.
Spent the afternoon at frimley park hospital but am now home. No AV was administered just painkillers anti-inflamitorys and a tetnus jab.

Edited by Alan Hyde
O-> O+>
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 2:18pm
Ouch! Bet that smarts a bit. Speedy recovery Al
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 2:26pm
Thanks Gemma, Most kind. It's made me realise I do not want to be hit by the big fellas in my garage

Hope all's good with you and Merv
Take care,
Al

Edited by Alan Hyde
O-> O+>
AndyS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by Alan Hyde Alan Hyde wrote:

At 1.30pm today while out with my friend at ash ranges I was bitten with one fang by an adult male adder.

" SNIP"

Spent the afternoon at frimley park hospital but am now home. No AV was administered just painkillers anti-inflamitorys and a tetnus jab. 

If I'd have known earlier I would have tooted my car horn as I came passed Frimley Park this afternoon, hope you recover soon.

so is that time off work to do more herping?

Never been bitten by a venomous snake just pythons and Monitor lizards

tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 3:25pm

look on the bright side al...at least it's your left hand so it shouldn't affect your love-life too much.

seriously...hope it gets better soon and doesn't keep you away from herping for too long.

tim

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 4:25pm
Thanks for the well wishes and good humour folks , much appreciated.
been getting waves of nausea this evening with cold sweats , it's gonna be a restless night i feel.

Tony a gab? Now that's serious, how's he doing? by the way , when i got home from the hospital there was a very p****d off looking adder on the doorstep, he said, "I've tracked you from ash to frimley and back to ash aren't you dead yet, i'm hungry"

Hey Andy, I'm a very fortunate man mate, my wife does the work while I stay home and raise the monsters

Tim, LOL! I'd find a way if i had no hands
thanks folks,
Al

Edited by Alan Hyde
O-> O+>
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 4:27pm
Keep us updated on how long for the hand to get back to normality Al. 

Looks like I won't need to Pm you to sort out a trip out to the heaths in the next couple of weeks.

Get better soon.

Mark
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 4:30pm
thanks mark , oh i'll be back in action before that mate
O-> O+>
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 5:13pm
Well looking at the temperatures for the next few days, it starting to cool down so I guess the end of the season maybe just around the corner.

I'm around from this Thursday till the end of next week(except Saturday), so we'll sort something if you're feeling up to it.

Mark
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 6:04pm

hi mate just as well it was an adder, and  not trampled by the Buffalo he he  

get well soon, will ring you later

PAUL SMITH     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic