the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Smooth Snake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smooth snakes in N. Wiltshire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -LAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smooth snakes in N. Wiltshire
    Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 1:53pm
Having now returned back to my surrogate home in N. Wilts I had a quick look at the distribution map of SSs in Beebee and Griffiths book (unfortuanately my Beebee mapping book is elsewhere). In this is shown a pre- 70's record of SSs in the north of the county, and the book's text specifically mentions Wilts as part of the historic range. So...

Could anyone (Tony, CGO?) be able to tell me the historic site(s) in question (or a less rough than N. Wilts area) and be able to let me know what the habitat type was and whether or not the records are likely to be accurate?

I can be reached most reliably at the mo' at l_a_fairclough@hotmail.com or on 07779 127905.

I currently have plenty of spare time to survey the possibilities and am more than willing to approach local land owners etc to get some tins down (will be doing this anyway).

I'm also in a very good position to get access to any NT land in the area for such work!

Many thanks, Lee.
Lee Fairclough
Chris G-O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris G-O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2004 at 1:17pm
Hi Lee,

My email is chris.go@herpconstrust.org.uk
Tel 01202 391319

Remind me by email and i'll search out the Wilts records you asked about. Bear in mind that i do not get chance to look at this site all that often - no offence to Gemma who does an excellent job or anyone using it - it's just that we are generally up to our eyeballs with work. So, if anybody needs to speak to one of us at HCT, please email us or phone us, don't wait for us to go to RAUK.

cheers
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic