the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Associated Fauna and Flora
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SLUGS BUGS & DRUGS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLUGS BUGS & DRUGS
    Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 7:12am
A nice black slug pretty spider and drug inspired bush tucker I think the second fungi is a lepiota type ? it was about 6to 8 cms diameter.
Seeing the herps are drying up. keith

Edited by AGILIS - 06 Nov 2011 at 7:31am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:37pm
That top one is a Jewel Spider from Oz and what a beauty she is. Is there a connection between the 4 pictures Keith?
Cheers
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:50am
Rob...only with the ug at the end . mind you did not photo the Jewel spider here but in Aus the other year,Localy they call them Christmas spiders

Edited by AGILIS - 10 Nov 2011 at 7:51am
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:33am
I've saw a couple of those Christmas spiders whilst travelling around Oz. It cannot be denied they are fantastic, much like the Thorny devil!
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:46pm
Hi Keith.

Yep, Lepiota. nice assortment of shots!

got any Thorny Devil, Frilled Lizard or other Aus pix Roberto? Drool!!
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:48am
Yesterdays sunshine certainly brought the insects out I never see any herps but every foot there was clusters of lady birds any littluns,keith

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:36pm
It's funny how attractive ladybirds are to us isn't it? I remember as a kid keeping them for a while in match boxes, before releasing them. Also remember that if one landed on you and got trapped in your clothing it would bite.
I saw a harlequin ladybird in the garden last week - my first - and sent off the pic of it to the counters/plotters.
I saw the rocks in Morecambe Bay near the ferry slip opposite Fleetwood red with them once - quite a sight to see so many thousands.

Edited by Suzy - 14 Nov 2011 at 10:37pm
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 12:15pm
Ben if you look back into early 2009 pics in what is it column in no.5 I have some shots of Oz lizzos keith

Edited by AGILIS - 15 Nov 2011 at 12:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic