the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK gets its own online form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAUK gets its own online form
    Posted: 20 Mar 2005 at 9:34pm

Hi all,

Some may have noticed the links that have appeared to RAUK's version of the online submission form.

I've taken the step of providing a copy here as well as the KRAG site, partly because records being generated are nationwide (1 of 6 has actually been in Kent) and partly because most of the records appear to have come from people who found the KRAG form from the link on the RAUK homepage.

I hope to promote the form and any ideas of how to do this are welcome.

I don't think it really matters which site the form lives on and it would probably be good if there were multiple copies of it on many sites or links to the generic form on RAUK. I'm currently thinking that the quickest way to put data generated to good use is to automatically email county recorders/args by adding appropriate code to the form. In turn recorders/args could promote the form to generate more records.

If any county recorders would like to be added to an automatic mailing list that sends them a copy of records generated by the forms in their county please let me know.

(PS RAUK members please take the time to use the form, I will personally be making sure that records generated are put to good use and not just lost in some database somewhere!!)

Edited by administrator
calumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2005 at 9:22am
Gemma,

Please add me to the auto email list.

Lee
Lee Brady

Kent Herpetofauna Recorder | Independent Ecological Consultant

Email
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic