the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help identify my lizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help identify my lizard
    Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 5:51am

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased another lizard, being told that it was a skink, I have since been told that it is infact not a skink.

Could someone please help me to determin what it actually is ?

TIA

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 8:25am

Hmm...not my strong point this, tho it looks a bit like one of the Western skink subspecies?...possibly a Coronado skink ?

I defer to the greater expertise on this forum.

Closest match I can find is Here.

Edited by Vicar
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
vivman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 5:55am
################
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:56pm

Is this really what the RAUK forum is actually for -an identi pet service?

The RAUK Forum is really for the conservation of native British and European Herps....well in fact herps in the wild in general

sorry to be be a little negative but its the way I feel about keeping animals......And I am sure to get a bit of grief from this..........wait for it............its coming.............. 

vivman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 5:19pm

Well, I am so sorry that I have upset you.

But I must say that whatever your opinion is, atleast some people are willing to help.

I will not get into an argument over this but I will say A BIG thankyou to all the members from here that have helped, especially "David Bird", he is one of the most helpful people I have ever had the fortune of being in contact with and I can assure you that RAUK will never have to deal with any questions from me again, any further identity problems of advice will be sought directly from David.

But I guess if you have nothing better to do, you may as well post a reply, at least that way your post count will go up !!!!

Thankyou once again to ALL members that assisted with identifying my lizard especially you David..

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 5:43pm

Hi, before this one explodes RAUK has a policy regarding pet related questions, it can be found at:

http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/fourm_faqs.htm#Pets

Jon, can I suggest you contact me directly if you have a problem with the content on this site in preference to attacking forum members! I use my discretion as to what is allowable on the forums, what should be moved and what should be deleted.

As vivman's post had already been replied to when I first saw it, I left in place as it was clear that forum members were willing to help with the ID. Of the thousands of posts each year on RAUK a handful are pet related, so I tend to let them go or inform the member where else they might go on the internet for advice.

herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 3:51am

Dear all

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY.........in future I will follow Gemma's guidance - I do understand that reptile keeping is valuable when it is related to conservation - for example reintroducing natterjacks or sand lizards or even at the reptiliary in the New Forest where the public can come to see all the native UK herps..........most pet reptile keeping has nothing to do with reptile conservation, in my view,

I will draw the line there

Sorry again

JC

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic