the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Snake, What is it? Please Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shells86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Snake, What is it? Please Help!
    Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 8:35am
Found this in the garden, doesn't look like it's from round these parts!
Please can someone help with identifying it, or give us a number we can call to get rid of it.
Its coiling and striking... nice!

Thanks v. much!
Shells
shells86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shells86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 8:37am
Could this have come from Croatia as my brother was camping there a while ago! and it was found on his bag?
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:33pm
looks like some form of corn snake to me; escaped pet I guess (harmless, too).  Maybe a neighbour has lost one?
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm
one from the net:

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
For sure this is corn snake, it isn't venomous and is someones pet. In 100% of cases of these being found it belongs to a near neighbour who is missing their pet. Knock on a few neighbours doors and I am sure the owner will be more than willing to take it away for you Wink
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:37pm
Corn snakes are the least aggressive and the most commonly kept pet snake found in the UK pet trade. It poses no threat to you at all and is without a doubt someone's pet that has escaped.

Jason
JamesM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 10:06am
If nobody claims it, I'd keep it. It's a free snake!

Lots and lots of husbandry information on the web and in books, I'm going to direct you to another forum, www.captivebredreptileforums.co.uk - here you will find all of the information and advice you need on their care and husbandry.
Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 10:11pm
I feel bad for this little snake - hope they found its owner, and it isn't just lost ....
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 5:55am
Yep would be nice to know if there was a positive outcome?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic