the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

north west & Wirral

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judderman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 11:56am
Well in fairness Suzi it's their good camouflage that helps keep them safe - so that's fine with me Lol. I was amazed though at Chris spotting them so quickly and seemingly easily.
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 7:02pm
Having advised you to go out with someone to show you the ropes it doesn't say much for me who, as I said, takes her husband out and he still can't see the adders!
Suz
Judderman62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judderman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 7:05pm
you n Chris must have super vision Lol

Oh if anyone is interested here's a link to see all the pics I took:

here's a link to my  pics  - 23 pics in all:

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com/P2PwebCmdController/pictureBank/share.html?x=nm.Ejco5xUABFIXzY%252AqqUTrTSsxzjjZDkZn%253Dlw52MxCGDTtyVpQ--jik3yfU0Sj3a%2526gCR9drwsfhy59NPsZWV69TdR3lZnKlK%2525Hx3xDkTrcx1mQ

Best effect is to select the slide show, set interval time to 4 or 5 seconds, once it starts hiy f11 on your keyboard  and then towards bottom right there are two overlapping boxes - click on the larger one and you should get full screen with nice big pics - give it a whirl.

Let me know what you think.
Tony Oscroft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Oscroft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 10:43am

Some nice pics there judders m8.....

I can't see where you should have too much trouble spotting them beauties given the contrast between the adder and its background though, specially in the males being more grayish as apposed to the females bronze , but then as Suzi says.... better to be with someone who knows what to look for.... not heard from Tim yet m8 but as soon as he gets in touch we could probably arrange a meet....

Tony

Judderman62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judderman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 10:48am
Thanks Tony. Well Chris was psotting them from ngles where they were behind cover - it's only when I moved several feet in one direction that they were so clearly visible lol ... y eyesight isn't quite that bad ha ha 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic