the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neo adder... it only took 6 weeks to find

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo adder... it only took 6 weeks to find
    Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 3:18pm

neo adder (if anyone wants to have a bash at sexing please do) from the most northerly site in Kent (as Lee Brady knows), tinned for six weeks before this one showed this morning. Air temps around 54F cloudy, fresh SW wind.

Edited by administrator
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 4:06pm
Nice find Gemma!

I think it's a male.
Al
calumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 5:08pm
HURRAH About time I say . Was it where we thought it would be?

Lee

ps. most northerly site in NW Kent

Edited by calumma
Lee Brady

Kent Herpetofauna Recorder | Independent Ecological Consultant

Email
test View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote test Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 5:54pm
Not quite where expected  but being one of this years neos, active site for sure  (now I just have to find the parents.... )
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 6:05pm
Probably my last survey day this season just 1 juvenile Viviparous lizard, 1 juvenile slow-worm and "Charlie" above was under his tin, looked like he'd recently had a meal  (blame Mervyn for the name)
Matt Wilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 6:38pm
Hi all,

By not living in Dorset i only get the chance to survey a few times each year unfortunately.

Does the weather down your end suggest its end of season now? I gather that is the only neo berus you have seen?

I was in Corfu last week, and temps were about 28C on a colder day, and herps were plentiful, even when we got rain. I think herp activity will go on at least another month there with the current weather they're having. Just goes to show how variable 'end of seasons' can be.

I might try posting a pic from Corfu when my slides get back, i having them put onto CD at time of processing. These files are usually huge, could i still post a non-JPEG file of this size?

Cheers,
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 7:39pm

I don't live in Dorset either Matt, central London!

I guess the tail-off from 20 reptiles last week to 3 today at this survey site marks the time of diminishing returns.. unless of course it warms up significantly over the next week or so.

This is the only adder to have shown on this site, though the survey will continue into next spring when we are more likely to pick-up the adults after hibernation. (I know it's the same one because it's photo ID'd and was under the same tin!)

File formats for upload are jpg, jpeg, gif, and png, the file will need to be reduced to 100 Kb or less if you wish to use the direct upload feature.

Edited by administrator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic