the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help Please
    Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 10:58pm

Can anyone help me out please.  I'm putting together a presentation for an outdoor gathering where I'm going to be talking about tracking as it is my favourite outdoors skill.  Coupled with the fact that I'm a herper, it is this aspect I want o deliver on in a way that they have never seen before.  In that respect, it would be wonderful if any of you have some shed skins you can send me that I can use on pass arounds.  I usually have a fair amount of adder grass snake and slow-worm-socks, but my little girls has taken them to school for the nature table and I only have some grotty berus skins.  All reptiles needed, especially snakes.

I'd be eternally grateful if you could help me out and would reimburse you for your trouble.

EDIT: Any old Natrix shells would be of great use too.

Edited by Jonathan
"England Expects"
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 11:51pm
Are they not a bit fragile for pass arounds?
Suz
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:40am

Originally posted by Suzi Suzi wrote:

Are they not a bit fragile for pass arounds?

They are... I laminate them...

"England Expects"
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 5:04pm
Ah, that explains.
Do you have any tins you could look under? I've found them there.
Suz
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 6:43pm

I can find adder skins no problem (although this time of year, they degrade really quickly in the damp).  Grass snake skins I only tend to find in Spring.  I'm too far North for Smooth skins.  Little slow-worm socks I have found out today from an old collection from my youth (no Natrix though).

All my adder skins seem to be male, so could do with females.

"England Expects"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic