the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Grass Snake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MY FIRST GRASSIES THIS YEAR IN SUFFOLK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY FIRST GRASSIES THIS YEAR IN SUFFOLK
    Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 1:26pm
Hi all great half an hour 1730 this evening out looking for Roman artifacts on a field in Long Melford In Suffolk, without any success , so I decided to give look on a reedy bit wet of land near a stream.I  only walked a few paces and see four all together with a female as I had disturbed them three smaller males made a quick departure and left the female still in its winter skin  looking a bit stunned so swiftly picked it up . As luck has it not got my camera with me but was saved as I have one in my phone so took a couple of pics and sent it on its way  hope can download them as to add to this. A good end to the weekend with my first snakes of the year  Keith

Edited by AGILIS
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 2:38pm
hi Tony you are right but I only had limited time as I was out with friend in his car  whose not into reptiles  and he wanted to go and being the first this year couldnt resist it  but it was back in situ within a matter of minutes. so I dont think its lost any mates  and I shall be back for another look with the camera  at the ready next time.   regards keith 
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 11:08am
 hi  no pics yet typical got back from visiting the aged mum so decide to go back to yesterdays new site armed with the camera and what happens the sun goes in and weather cools down mind you is bank holiday monday
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:35pm
HI ALL another nat found sitting on a bit of concrete this morning on the embankment of a sluice on the river Lark near the A11 trunk road at Barton mills in Suffolk so they aint all gone yet keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic