the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Sand Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my first ever sighting of sand lizards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my first ever sighting of sand lizards
    Posted: 14 May 2005 at 6:59pm
i went to frensham on thursday to look for adders to take pics, to this day i still havent found any in the wild i wont be beaten. no adders BUT my very first sighting of sand lizards see pics below
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 7:00pm
Picture9.jpg
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 7:02pm
Picture13.jpg
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 7:03pm
Picture11.jpg
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 10:32pm

Nice one !

Fairly sure I recognise both of those, but will have to check with marking diagrams, so I know which bit of the common you were on :P

Just North of Frensham is Crooksbury Common, saw 4 female adders within 20 feet of eachother there today, where I usually only see the odd solo Adder at Frensham, could be worth a look ?

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Danial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 8:06pm
Fantastic sand lizard pictures.
I was also lucky to see some sand lizards on Frensham, prior to my digital camera days. Will have to go back and get some good pics.
I've also had a hard time finding adders, but its worth the persistance. I live not too far away from Epping Forest, so thats where I've seen a couple of adders.

Danial
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic