the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Method & Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Management Advice document

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Management Advice document
    Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 2:38pm
I've been putting together a short introduction to the dilemma often faced by herpetologists when advising land managers. In the past I think I've personally found it can be quite difficult to get our message across and often advice is open to misinterpretation/misunderstanding leading to frustrations on my part.

It can all end up in very circular arguments whilst the subtlety of the message is lost. I'm thinking of statements such as 'well if we don't do anything it will become mature woodland' - well yes I did know that Wink

I've put together a short document that I hope provides a good introduction for land managers to both the problems reptiles face at many sites and also provides some guidance on the concepts of how to manage with reptiles in mind. It is made up from a lot of my own observations and also things that have been regularly discussed on the forum.

I would appreciate any feedback members can give. Smile

(document attached as a MS word file)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic