the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Societies, Groups and Clubs > Your Society or Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herping in the North West.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herping in the North West.
    Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:54am
Hey!
I'm from Southport - I've been staying in Arkansas with my wife for the past year and got stuck in to herping there, looking for snakes, turtles, etc.  Loved it!  I've always wanted to get out and find England's herps and now that I've found these forums, it's one step closer to happening!

If there's anyone in the North West with some advice on finding species, etc?  I'm up for finding anything to get started  :)

Not sure if this is how images work here:
Sternotherus odoratus - Eastern Musk Turtle.  Found a good number of these over the past few weeks in Arkansas.

Nerodia erythrogaster - Plain-bellied Watersnake.  First time out looking with a guy from the Arkansas herp forums.  These guys aren't venomous but they are mean.

Can't wait to get out and find stuff!  Hope there's a few herpers in the North West  :)
liamrussell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamrussell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:48pm
Hello Dan

There are some interesting amphibians and reptiles in that part of the country (perhaps not as diverse as Arkansas...). I suggest you get in contact with North Merseyside Amphibian and Reptile Group

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic