the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Wildlife Gardening
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone able to offer a home to a blind hedgehog?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone able to offer a home to a blind hedgehog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone able to offer a home to a blind hedgehog?
    Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:35pm
One of my hogs appears to have gone blind - i am having him checked out tomorrow by a vet to confirm. he is a lovely animal, very healthy and feisty apart from his bad eyes. I am trying desperately to find a safe environment for him to be released into where he can live out his days - basically it needs to be a 100% secure garden where he can just mooch about during the day with no dangers or chance of escape.

If i can't find one there are only two options - to be put to sleep or released into the wild, where he would be very unlikely to survive (I have lost 7 on the roads in the last few weeks alone and the dangers from dogs/people etc would mean he would last long). Either option is pretty heartbreaking for me as he has been a visitor to the garden for a couple of years and when his eye first got injured i had to nurse him through it all.

He has very friendly, expect to other hogs, and can take care of himself very well, and he isn't afraid of much...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic