the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Toad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 taddies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:25am
And in my humble estimation, there appears to be more taddies because less grass snakes, I may be wrong.
RobV
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:38am
And if you think that was just one area - wrong... there is about a dozen of these shoals that I could see and its a relatively small pond.
RobV
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:19pm
Whoa! That's more tads than water Rob!

Going back to Gemma's question of which fish species are known to shun toad tadpoles, i remember an angler's pond with plenty of Common Carp, around 15 colossal American Catfish, and hundreds of (invasive alien species) Topmouth Gudgeon, along with smaller numbers of Perch, Roach and Rudd (and possibly other species that i can't remember)....yet toad larvae.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic