the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North wales adders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North wales adders
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 4:10pm
Been on here a while but not posted for a few years, used to be really into all my uk reps but then had to work full time and various travelling meant i lost track but now really keen on looking again, sadly i dint live in a area were theres lots of reps but im off to north wales porthmadog area next week and im aware its brill for reps, can anyone give any areas dont worry i know not specific sites even though it would be great but just general areas? Also is there any areas closer to home ? Im south liverpool i know lizards at formby but any other lizards at a north chesire south merseyside or snakes? Thanks

Edited by phillip - 03 Jun 2014 at 4:16pm
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 4:30pm
hi phillip

good to hear from you again. you've been missed!

i have only seen slowworm and viv lizard around porthmadog but know adders are there. basically, any suitable habitat with scrub, scree, heather bracken etc will have reptiles there. 

good luck

tim
phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:12pm
Ah thats lovely thanks its gone very quiet though, cool staying at greenacres, i just know u have to get the weather and everything right , where have u saw cl anywhere near greenacres? I know theres a hill opposite iv been up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:31pm
we stayed at a campsite called tyddyn adi which is directly opposite greenacres. there looks to be a lot of really good habitat either site of the caravan park leading to the beach. there will be plenty of reptiles there. the ones we saw were over the main road and a little higher up in the hills along dry stone walls and under corrugated tins and slates around an old farm.

tom
phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:44pm
Oh i want to look for some tins, funny you say that we just have all been thinking for days the name of this caravan site, and my mum justbsaid tyddin adi, haha, thats were we walked too and went up the hill, however unsure if we will be able to again, may not let us, any tins around there will have a good look
phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 6:00pm
any pointers where the farm is as iv looked around cant see too much, any idea what area the correguated tins are around tddin adi? Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 7:09pm
across the road from greenacres, down the track to the campsite then head left. i,m going back six or seven years so anything could have happened to the cover objects but there were lots of slates lying around and some tin sheets. there are also dry stone walls with loose stones around the base. plenty of refugia for slowies certainly.

good luck
tim
phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 9:12pm
Oh good il have a look so just the path to the left of tddyin adi? Il have a look aslo good for adders? Any other places have slate or tins
phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:03pm
No luck its all different but securty said theres a walk from greenacres up mountain will do that tommorow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic