the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Naturalised
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marsh Frogs needed for filming by Kate Humble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marsh Frogs needed for filming by Kate Humble
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:34pm
We have received an urgent request from Kate Humble for marsh Frog filming next week. Can anyone help? Please see her original post at http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/forum/topic4321_post33097.html#33097

Chris
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 3:03pm
obvious place is the Wetland Centre at Barn Elms, which is full of them.  RSPB Rainham Marshes also good, with more of a wild feel if that is what you need.
Kogia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:38am
They're very easy to see at Rainham Marshes, nice sight too with the wild wide open spaces and city backdrop.
mhows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:50am
I agree very easy at rainham and there are loads so should make filming easy

Mark
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:53pm
Last night they were calling in the drainage ditches beside the road between Rye and Appledore. They weren't in crowds - it was isolated males calling, but I was able to get a good view of one by following the sound. I saw some today in the moat at Old Romney, too. If you want the Romney Marsh setting, that would be a good place to film, I would think, though again it wasn't a big crowd of frogs.

Richard
Jackperks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackperks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 6:15pm
i can recommend a few places on the romney marsh as my partner lives right on it! i was filming for springwatch this year on another story and suggested doing marsh frogs (i assume this is for springwatch!)
www.jackperksphotography.com
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 6:55pm
For some reason never saw this thread come up.
Been to Ham Wall RSPB reserve near Glastonbury today. Went for the birds BUT was thrilled to hear marsh frogs calling in quite a few places. Not sure if they were in  ditches or the larger pools/ponds as not possible to see them. Never realised they were so loud or bird-like in sound. I checked up on Youtube and they certainly were marsh frogs. There were huge numbers certainly.
Suz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic