the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ive Adder nough

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 7:14pm
Yes Rob I knew them and use to fish them but we used to fish the old Lea that had been diverted along side the King George reservoir that used to be teeming with big barbel running the gauntlet of waterboard officials with their guard dogs...I Used to catch the 205 double decker bust from the top of Kingshead hill that ran from Chingford station to Chesunt those were the days of greenhouses growing tomatos and believe it or not grapes, when I lived in Australia I was suprised to see a grape box with Waltham x stamped on it and that bought back memories of my youth. keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:12am
Hi Keith,

yes, believe it or not I used to have an old photo of a smallish barbel that I caught in the pits! Someone must have caught the thing in the river along side (as you say there were some big barbel in there) and put it in the pits as a "joke".

I certainly had a surprise when I pulled it in. I don't know how long it lived for in there and if indeed it is still in there, but I must be the only bloke in the uk to have caught a still water barbel hahaha.

R
RobV
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:16pm
Keith,

did you, in the your travels with George mallenoir ever take your self over Rushey Plain?

I think you probably did, I know George did because Roy told me he did. Just go to habitat loss bit in method and management and see what they have done. Positively shocking.

R
RobV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic