the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Natterjack Toad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some pictures from a guided walk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:01am
Chris
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:13pm
Just flying past to say we've got 'em in Surrey too! - unusual pic of our two toad species together during a night-time terrestrial survey.

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:11pm
that's quite a fly past Steve, welcome back!
ChrisR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:02pm
So pleased that the Natterjacks are doing well countrywide but particularly in the South. The recent rains have been a godsend. I was really worried about the Dorset sites because of the lack of water but the pools are nicely full now and contain good strings and a decent number of tadpoles. Should be a bumper year. I hope this has helped the Merseyside/Lancs situation as I grew up in the area and it is very close to my heart. Any updates would be appreciated.
Chris
Ray999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:26pm
Was in the frontal dunes on Sefton coast today a bit of water in the slacks and a few strnigs of spawn around, but these will dry out in a couple of days. We have not had much rain recently only one day of decent rain in the last 2 weeks.
Ray

ray999
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic