the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dog bitten Martlesham heath?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dog bitten Martlesham heath?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 7:38pm
Bit of good news as to if its true there are still some adders left in this part of Suffolk ,bad news there probably loads of dog loving vigilantes scouring the heath , also I like the comment from the dogger I thought this this part of the heath was snake free and distubance from development may have caused adders to have moved ?!!. hope this can be read keith

Edited by AGILIS - 04 Aug 2011 at 7:46pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:30am
I love the '(if anywhere is)' paranoiac response to a one off personal tragedy! At least the dog survived, which is some sort of PR victory. If people's brains filter the article properly it may help to dispel that popular misconception, although i'm sure the real scenario will become the apocryphal 'Snake kills dog in vicious attack!'
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:14pm
As per my previous posts, the fact that the Adder has been ousted from its range where the industrial unist are now being constructed tells you all you need to know how this scenario will end
Disapprove
RobV
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:38pm
Careful Keith, you are assuming she is a dogger as well as a person having a dog!Wink
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:19am
Suzy what do you know about dogging
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:36pm
Well I'll tell you a tale. A few years ago we had a funeral to go to and my husband took a dark suit to work to change into before I picked him up to drive to the funeral. When he came out of work he had the suit over his arm and said he hadn't had time to change. I asked what he thought he was going to do about changing and he said we'd find somewhere on the route. This is rural Devon. I remembered a car park in woods on the roadside so we pulled in there. Well changing trousers in a car isn't very easy and 2 cars came into the car park and the people did give us a look, although they couldn't really see anything but two people sat in a car. What I found out later was the car park is the place they all park before going into the woods DOGGING! Maybe they thought we were going to. 
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
And where was this particular car park keith
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:45pm
I dare not tell!
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:13pm
Years ago in South Western Australia there was a annual meet of the local doggers ( pest controllers of the time )I bet they dont call it that any more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic