the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Toad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roadworks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roadworks
    Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 11:23am

IÆm bummed cos baddie workmen have my frogging route up, dunno what theyÆre doing but theyÆve dug a hole running about 15 metres along the road and toadsÆll fall down. IÆm hoping theyÆll finish and sod off soon and wonÆt be here a while and dig the whole stretch of road up when it gets to be frogging time.  (Ain't frogging time just yet.)  Has anyone experienced roadworks before? Frogs and toads are dim. They wonÆt know no better than to jump down. IÆm worried about them. IÆll probably have to do a nutter act of jumping the barrier and getting down the hole and fishing around in muddy water looking for them, though someone told me I could get arrested for that, and I donÆt wanna fall and hurt myself or get really mucked up and I get enough stick as it is without acting more like a loon. ItÆs a bummer itÆs there. Snot fair. Have you lot seen frogs and toads trapped down roadworks before?  I donÆt want them to be tarmacced over. I donÆt like holes in the ground or drains. Got my hand stuck down one drain getting a toad out once. It was worth it though, I couldnÆt just leave it there.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 11:27am

Originally posted by Baby Sue Baby Sue wrote:

Got my hand stuck down one drain getting a toad out once. It was worth it though, I couldnÆt just leave it there.

Hey itÆs a good job I left getting the trapped toad out ætil the end of the frogging night, IÆd of been distraught if IÆd of been trapped and frogs and toads were getting squashed on the road whilst I was pinned to the floor.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic