the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New book on British Herpetofauna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New book on British Herpetofauna
    Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 6:05pm
British Reptiles and Amphibians. This latest title in WILDGuides' highly popular Britain's Wildlife series has just been published!
It is authored by Howard Inns who many of you will know from this forum and as a trustee of The HCT, and now ARC as well as a long-serving and very active member of the BHS Conservation Committee.
Having seen a copy I have to say that slim though this volume might be it is packed with high quality colour photos of both native and alien herpetofauna. Elsewhere, David Bird has commented that "The photographs are excellent and are the best collection of the British herpetofauna I have seen in print!" He is right - and quite a few of these photos were contributed by members of this forum.
Well worth every penny - get yours now!
More information in a Word document here and a PDF here.
Chris
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 9:23am
I have a copy of this book and have to agree with the comments above. It has replaced all my other books on identification. 
David Hind

D&G ARG
ARC - Natterjack Toad Monitor
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:52pm
I was very gratefull to receive a copy of Howards book for my recent birthday ,I would just like to agree with all the positive comments posted it is a fabulous book.
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic