the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK Fieldtrip 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 1:26pm

james...how could you. i thought us northerners were supposed to stick together! if the two trips were on different days you could always do both.

my family and i will be near bere regis in dorset from 14-19 august. it seems unlikely to be a viable date/venue for a field trip but if anyone wants to check out the neighbouring heath with us they're more than welcome.

tim

adamanteus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamanteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 2:16pm
Of course I want to come to both, Tim!  But on the southern one I might get to see a Coronella austriaca.  I wouldn't miss our local one!
James.
DrDom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 8:18am

All seems to have gone a bit quiet - are we still trying to do this? I'm happy to do either but'll cast my vote for 1 (Dorset)

Dominic

Dominic Tantram - Guildford
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group (SARG)
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:11am
WELL WHATS THE VERDICT AS WHERE & WHEN ?
 I think a sharing of fuel costs would be a good idea If members live near others , Southern and Western counties distance from  East anglian counties is around 150 miles to nearest La spots and further away from other parts of the country, also people like myself + STEVE AL MARK who know the spots for seeing stuff would come in handy pointing out places that are good sites THE ABOVE NAMED MENTIONED ALL LIVE IN SURREY & HANTS AREA AND KNOW THE LOCAL LA.& CA. SPOTS & A LOT NEARER FOR MOST THEN DORSET UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE haha.  Those who have not seen a la. or ca. have a better chance of a siting with some one who knows. WELL WHERE IT GOING TO BE SURREY SITES OR PURBECK SITES, OR SETTLE FOR A GUARANTEED SITING OF GREEN AND  /WALL LIZ IN BOSCOMBE THEN LOOK AT STUDLAND FOR LA CA ? Mind you dont even know if I can make it to meet up , but it would be nice to know as to a fixed date  !  I LOVE ALL THE SITES !! KEITH

Edited by AGILIS
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Paul Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 2:12am

Why don't we just propose some dates (for both options) and see who puts their names down?

Paul

Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:31pm

It`s almost September!        

Or has everyone gone into depression due to the weather?   (Or is it just raining in Wales!)

Edited by Peter
BLF Dragonscapes Habitats officer
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
e: peter.hill@arc-trust.org
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 6:00pm
No we've had plenty of rain in East Devon and now seem to be in a drier spell but little sun. A very poor summer really.
Suz
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 3:07am
Still raining here!
BLF Dragonscapes Habitats officer
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
e: peter.hill@arc-trust.org
Chaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 3:42pm

Hi

I'm new to all this and really keen to come from Swansea to this field trip if it is still going ahead.

Any ideas for dates, not much of september left

Chaela

herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 11:26am

RAUK field trip - 2009 I think would be be needed now

I would like to plan a trip in late winter 2009 if that is okay

Jon

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic