the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today at Chobham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiesamson85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 2:02pm

Can you suggest the best area in Chobham to look? Im at Silwood park so only about 2 min away. Did a day of tansect surveys last week but was not lucky enough to see a single snake or anything for that matter

Jamie

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 2:29am
hi Jamie last week was a bit on the cold side for reptiles you will have to be a bit patient and wait till the spring when the days warm up even though the odd exception like an adder or a common lizard might put an appearance on a rare warm winter day   Keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
jamiesamson85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiesamson85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 5:09am
Thanks alot! Yesterday was quite warm and I have often found Grassies in temperatures like that...Have you noticed the strange goings on at Cholbham, by that I mean the copius amounts of dog poo in bags hanging from trees? maybe a Pagan ritual I know nothing about but sure did put a damper on my searching!!
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 10:28am
I'd know where I rather be Tony!   In fact maybe I'll go to somewhere like SA in the next 2-3 years for the herps.

Mark
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 5:22am
Hi Tony,
Glad all went well with your daughters birthday, and that you've return to SA safe and sound.

I can honestly say that DB is not me , I wonder who it is. Sorry I couldn't make your street theatre, Sarah got home from work quite late that day and by the time the family had eaten it would've been over.
Looking forward to next April if you manage to get to UK.
Al
O-> O+>
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 5:19pm
Tony,
Just wondered if you'd care to share the pictures you took that day
Cheers,
Al
O-> O+>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic