the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Societies, Groups and Clubs > Your Society or Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calling all London Herpers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 7:39pm

hi Jon I'm in Middlesex i could help out if needed

Paul 

PAUL SMITH     
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 2:14am

Hi Paul

I had you on my list of people from that area. We are developing a nucleus for a new group - so if anyone would like to sign up to the group - Middlesex ARG then please let us know.

As with other groups there will be a launch night or event once we have found people to fulfil the different 'committee' roles -

Would it be sensible to launch the group next spring (possibly at the Herp Workers Meeting) or this Autumn?

Jon

arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 4:22am
Jon,
     If you can't get any field days for the new group organised this year, perhaps you can arrange a meeting this autumn/winter.    This would be so the new group could get to know other faces, discuss places for survey etc.

Mark
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2006 at 11:28am
hi mark that sounds a good idear what do you think Jon
PAUL SMITH     
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2006 at 7:25pm

I have a place in mind where some excellent work has been done on restoring ponds and monitoring the common frog - I would like to arrange for people in Middlesex to have a meet up at this location to meet the countryside ranger and the local conservation group members etc for a joing work party (if meeting in late autumn) or for a common frog monitoring trip (if it is in the spring).

I think we should have a get together soon to thrash out ideas and suggest what activities members would like to get involved in

If anyone would like to be involved then please contact me and of course put the feelers out for more members

Jon

*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2006 at 3:28am
where is it Jon
PAUL SMITH     
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 7:05am

Hi Jon

Just found this thread...

Did you manage to get a group together?

Detail please.

Deano
Better to be lucky than good looking.
frogworlduk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogworlduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 2:41am
yeah i'm interested with whats going on here. been a while since anythings been said
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic