the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homalosoma lutrix and other unknown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aramcheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homalosoma lutrix and other unknown
    Posted: 16 Jan 2006 at 6:39am

Hello everyone,

firstly let me introduce myself, my name is JŚrŚmie and I am a documentation/museum assistant at Wollaton Hall natural history museum in Nottingham. I am in the process of working on our data base and am trying to identify a reptile speciment in a spirit jar labelled "Homalosoma lutrix", I have failed to indentify this name and google is no help either, my guess is that this name is long out of use, but I haven't got any clue, no location or common name , so if any of you got an idea I would greatly appreciate.

Also I have a "Agama laticeps" which I suspect is "Enyalioides laticeps", the Amazon Wood Lizard. Can anyone confirm this to me.

many thanks,

JŚrŚmie

Edited by aramcheck
Wolfgang Wuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgang Wuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2006 at 2:48pm
Homalosoma lutrix may be Duberria lutrix, assuming it's a small South African snake.

For queries of this nature, the best source is the EMBL Reptile Database

Cheers,

WW
Wolfgang WĆ¼ster

School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor

http://pages.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic