the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new website?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 7:43am

In August a couple of years ago I saw a vivid green viv. lizard. Not having seen a sand lizard I thought it must have been one. However in East Devon they are supposedly not present. I saw probably the same lizard the following spring and my son photographed it. It was in the process of mating besides the path and dragged the female off with it as it made off.

I would absolutely agree with Caleb that it looked a lot greener and more metallic in the flesh than the results of the picture indicated - lurid green. It finally stopped in a bracken pile and continued to hold the female in its jaws.

I will send the pic to Gemma to see if she can post it.

Suz
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 11:38am

Suzi's piccy (see above)

Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 2:08pm
Thanks Gemma
Suz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic