the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Projects and Grants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GCN darlington, county durham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlington_gcn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GCN darlington, county durham
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:07pm

I am currently doing a great crested newt survey in darlington, researching the sites of known and doing habitat maps up to 500m away from the pond. any sites not surveyed for GCNs in the last 5 years are being re-surveyed - just presense/absense. i have also produced a leaflet,  if anyone is interested. let me know if you would like a copy i am happy to post you one.

i have almost finished my pond surveys and as to be expected i have a list of ponds needing a little loving care and some dried up this year, but so far it shows the GCN population in darlington is still strong. i will keep you updated as i get on.

the project is funded by the national lottery hertiage scheme and durham WT and Darlington Borough Council and a few more minor companies.

its my first conservation post and im really enjoying it.

Working on a 12 month conservation project with Durham Wildlife Trust and Darlington Borough Council on Great Crested Newts. Any help/advice appreciated - rjackson@durhamwt.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic