the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seen an interesting news item?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
Why not? I did. So now I bite my tongue with a gob-full of false gnashers instead. Should they be banned as well?
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 6:26am
Well I'm still all for banning stairs which statistically are really really really really dangerous. I had to negotiate a set of them this morning whilst half comatose, and shock horror there was even a dog at the bottom of them. It is amazing I survived to make my toast and tea this morning.

And I have to agree with Tim, I fell in nettles as a child, was stung by bees and wasp, fell off bicycles (regularly), fell in rivers (more than once) and certainly fell out of trees several times (though I may have been pushed), they should all be banned... it is so much better that the majority of today's kids sit of their Playstations and learn about 'life', rather than face the 'terrors' of the real world.

I'm off now to strap my son into his rally car LOL

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 7:33am
West Australia to ban shark tourism like watching them from cages. keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 8:42pm
What would they say about a kid picking up a water rat i wonder?? Or maybe climbing down a partially constructed lift shaft to rescue an injured crow???

We're becoming a nation of wimps

R
RobV
tim-f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:44pm
Mark O'Shea bitten by King Cobra.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-19329812

Mark seems to be a colleague of a couple of RAUK members.  Hopefully recovering well.

tim-f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:14pm
Man bites snake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19348834

Edited by tim-f - 23 Aug 2012 at 7:14pm
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:42am
Here is a real d*ck a so called survival expert - Bear 'never prepared' Grylls - eating yet another snake. I take heart that he got bitten and after cooking he did not enjoy eating this snake. I remember another episode where he captured a snake and literally bit it in half on camera. I just thought choke. choke!

And to think that this guy is the chief scout - I suppose it fits being a religious organisation it seems their chief takes out revenge on the poor snake many times for his poor entertainment show thankfully he has been dropped by Discovery.....

This news page has some good advice 

Man VS Wild – How listening to Bear Grylls will get you killed

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 2:11pm
I couldn't agree more - been saying the same thing for ages, no role model for Scouts if you ask me.  Should be Ray Mears instead!  I gather Grylls has been caught for advertising his knives on Scouts website etc, and also allegedly stays in hotels while we think he's out in the bush once the cameras stop rolling.  
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 9:02pm
Some good news for a change

I'm sure we all wish Jim well in his new role.

AndyS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 8:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
  Share Topic