the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New server and forum facilities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New server and forum facilities
    Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 11:27am

Hi,

To our current users, if you are reading this post you have arrived at our new server. The transfer went smoothly this end, let me know if you are experiencing any problems admin@herpetofauna.co.uk

Emoticons have been re-enabled so you can now punctuate your posts with these guys

Picture uploads have been enabled in most of the forums. This allows you to directly upload images from your local hard drive to your posts, saving me having to mount them. Please do try this facility before emailing pictures to me. There is a 500 Kb limit currently on uploads, pictures will need resizing to this or below before you attempt to include them in posts.

PS, welcome back!

Edited by administrator
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 1:26pm
Lookin' good
-LAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -LAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 1:46pm
Nice one Gemma! Soooooo much faster now.

Lee.
Lee Fairclough
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 2:09pm

We have noticed the speed increase this end too since switching hosts.

We are still using the access database whilst I integrate the MS SQL version of WWF and debug it, so we should be whizzing along soon 

Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2005 at 5:45pm
At long last!,..RAUK e-Forum's back, alive'n'kickin'! For months, apart from just getting 'Closed For Maintenance', i didn't know what was going on with the site, or even if it was gonna resume at all! Being such a superb site i'm just glad it is back...Excellent! And yep!..all appears workin' fine at my end! 
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2005 at 4:17am
Monday morning, first good frost of the year and RAUK in the inbox.  All I need now is a good coffee and a stiky bun and the week is off to a great start.

Good to see you back, hope all is well. Is the new server a follow on from earlier in the year ?, and do you still need our storage space?, no probs if you do, we have just had storage and bandwidth upped 50% so there is plenty.

Good to have you back.

Edited by Mike
Britains smallest Country Park ? - Brickfields Country Park
Soemtron
-LAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -LAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2005 at 9:08am
Wasn't just me who couldn't get on then!

Good to be back!

Lee.
Lee Fairclough
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2007 at 5:57pm
HOORAH!
Deano
Better to be lucky than good looking.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:54pm

I get this message a lot .....

Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:01pm
Like Baby Sue I get that message a lot as well. This seems to be mainly in the evening, but not always.
Suz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic