the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Sand Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very Active at Frensham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Active at Frensham
    Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 9:35am
Saw numerous Sandies out at Frensham this past weekend , in the end I lost count .
Most were males in the process of greening up .
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 1:45pm
Various as found pics of Sandies at frensham

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 2:06pm
NIce to have the pic upload feature back
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by Alan Hyde Alan Hyde wrote:

NIce to have the pic upload feature back

sure is no more cutting and pasting from photobucket yipeee!

Fab pics I might beg for one or two of those for the ID pages.. now back to setting up RAUKs mail boxes before I get complaints that I'm not answering emails

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 2:57pm
Hi Gemma
Thank you . You know you are most welcome , please feel free
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 5:02pm

Alan,

Nice photos. I particularly like the first two as they show the bulky head which doesn't come across too clearly in some photos.

We supposedly don't have sandies on the East Devon Commons but I am ever hopeful.

Suz
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 6:42pm
Sweet pics man, what lens setup ?
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 4:47am
Hi Suzi , Steve .
Many thanks

Steve, No lens set up mate , just laying in the heather and lots of mucking about with manual focus .
The 1st 3rd and 4th pics were lizards that ran into the heather . I got the camera ready layed in the heather and waited for them to come back out . When they did I just crept closer and closer inch by inch .
The 2nd lizard made no attempt to run off even when i got really close and it was a shame about the twigs in the way .

I'm still hoping to bump into you out there mate , but we never seem to cross paths . Maybe you are looking at sandies in a different area to me ?
Cheers
Al
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 7:52am
Hi David , and thanks .

So, what sex would you think the second Sad lizard is ? He/she has the large bulky head of the males and I notice a slight yellowish green around the for limbs .
As a side note , the second sand lizard picture was taken just under two weeks prior to the others .

Cheers
Al
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 11:24am
David,
I will try to find this Lizard again next time i'm at Frensham .

Would love to see that Red Backed sandy you saw
Cheers,
Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic