the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Projects and Grants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adder project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adder project
    Posted: 02 Feb 2005 at 11:58am

Hi there,

I'm going to be carrying out my MSc dissertation on the adder population of a raised bog - Flanders Moss in Stirlingshire - to see whether the habitat requirements of the species can be incorporated into management plans for such sites. Other than looking at vegetation structure, water level and tree and scrub cover, i was wondering whether there is anything else i should be looking for.

Any general advice would be much appreciated also. Cheers

Walton 

Walton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 3:56pm

Cheers Tony,

Do you have any tips for getting the most out of this project as far as the surveying goes? I was thinking the best surveying time may be a bit later than normal as i am further north. What do you think?

I have a copy of your report in British Wildlife which is proving very useful and any further help would be great

Many thanks

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic