the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Aliens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wall Lizards - Dorset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:21pm

As a new member on the forum I have taken time reading back through several of the older threads. I have noticed that there has been some discussion over the continued existence of a couple of the historic colonies of Podarcis muralis in Dorset.

I can confirm the Wall lizards at Durlston Country Park near Swanage were still showing on a stone wall near the castle back on the 22nd September last year. Four juveniles were out basking, no adults seen. I reported the sighting to one of the rangers at the park who told me he had never seen them in the park before.

I recently visited Corfe castle but the weather was against me and nothing was seen lizard wise. I did speak to a young lady working in the ticket booth and she confirmed that lizards were frequently seen on the walls and crossing the path in the Summer. I'm guessing these would be PM but will try to get some photos to confirm this later in the year.

I have never visited the sites on Portland but with luck and a following wind should be able to get there at least a couple of times this Spring...watch this space.

Durlston Wall Lizards...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic