the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Badger cull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badger cull
    Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:15pm
Hi all,

I'm helping some friends raise money to challenge the extension of the badger cull.

I assume most of you being obviously interested in our native wildlife will be up to speed on the subject, but I attended part of the high court hearing a few weeks ago and its just SHOCKING what's going on.

The poor science and blatant political agenda.

Please consider making a donation. You can use a screen name if you wish to be anonymous. 

Thanks

https://www.justgiving.com/Carolyn-Towner/
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:00pm
just to add that I know Iulia/Carolyn and this isn't a phishing exercise and she won't be asking you to contribute to a Nigerian lottery fund...   not sure what the forum policy is on people asking for donations for fighting funds, but I can confirm that the author of it is genuine at least!
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:46pm
I think Chris would be sympathetic to the cause Will. 

I had a strong feeling that the entire badger cull fiasco was largely a political appeasement with no grounding in science from the outset. So much for wildlife law protecting anything...

Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:51pm
Thanks Will,

Gemma - yes. This. exactly 
Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 7:49pm
Sadly the more I see, the more I realise that protection of the wildlife in the UK exists only on paper, and not at all in real life 
superdart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:00am
I will be up for a small donation.I live in Gloucestershire and I have a liking for Badgers as I have them in my grounds,they cause me no problems and an old mate of mine Tony Dean from Minchinhampton fondly known as "The badger man" would never forgive me if I didn't....
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 7:24am

Edited by AGILIS - 07 Oct 2014 at 7:31am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 7:30am
As much as my abhorant disaproval of the cretins running the badger cull fiasco I commend Julia for her efforts, But how about us funding reptiles that are dissapearing in many areas with their habitats I am sure the rspb habitat wreckers, and Badger trust would not start a fund for reptile rescue also I would like to point out most of this cull is carried out on private farmlands so access and protest is a bit iffy keith

Edited by AGILIS - 07 Oct 2014 at 7:39am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 8:05am
Well I did a couple of years ago help organise and fund a protest about a car park being built locally on reptile habitat Smile

The wider picture (in my opinion of course you are welcome to disagree) is that habitat in general is being destroyed despite apparent legal protection (for example the controversy at the Forest of Dean)

allowing ANY of our wildlife to be destroyed for political reasons without fighting back is dangerous. I think there will come a point very soon when animal protection charities will HAVE to work together.

I care more about reptiles than badgers to be honest - but the sheer scale of abuse here is hard to ignore. The huge cost, the pointlessness, the lies, the politically driven motivation ...

Anyway if you want to donate, thanks it is appreciated.

If not no worries Wink
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:14pm
As you may have gathered, while this is not normally a forum for asking for money to support causes this is one on which I think we are all agreed. So, as Gemma presumed I am certainly not going to object to it!

I agree re the comments regarding our reptiles - when it comes to the crunch though, I believe as nature lovers and respecters of scientific fact we should do all we can to protect all of our wildlife and its habitat.

I for one regret that I can do so little

Chris
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic