the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Technology & Herping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technology & Herping
    Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 6:31am
Well I think every one of us has been affected by the past 1& half decades of mobile phone technology,what with the communication you now have in remote natural sites we even have the facility of sat/nav pinpointing,a thing unheard of in my youth,if some emergency ocurred you might have had to hobble or crawl a mile or 2 with a Broken leg to get help,just look at the cult TV series the professionals with the late Lewis Collins and Martin Shaw who have to duck and dive in and out of phone boxes or ask to use someone's phone,seems like light years ago.not only that we have built in cameras on our touch pad phones. And its obvious we all have a computer or net book I have just treated myself to a nexus7 tablet,what I/ am typing up on now,then to my surprise I found out that I can use it like a mobile phone And not forgetting you could be in Aussie or somewhere and put up a photo on the world wide net"WoW" I hope you lot out there feel the same as me on all this communication benefit Keith.

Edited by AGILIS - 15 Dec 2013 at 10:43am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 11:32am
Not so keen on the idea of a tablet. Spend too much time on the internet as it is, so not sure I want it with me 24/7. I expect in time though I'll give in as I can see advantages to it. I'm still very much of the mind set that I just want a phone that makes phone calls!

Edited by GemmaJF - 15 Dec 2013 at 11:33am
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 1:32pm
Hi Gemma I still use a laptop for normal stuff but the tablets great for getting news apps photos etc and keeping in a jacket pocket bit bigger then a mobile and it has high quality imaging plus all the other gizmos ie capacitive touch screen,keith

Edited by AGILIS - 15 Dec 2013 at 1:33pm
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 9:43pm
i don't really have an opinion on this but thought i'd post in celebration of the fact that i can as i appear to free of the shackles imposed on new members lol. (not complaining - i understand why and have been perfectly happy to comply).

err...technology. well as long as we don't end up like blade runner and unable to tell the difference between a synthetic toad and a real one i reckon we'll be all right. 

i've deliberately never used a sat nav because i like to look at a map then find my own way. may take me a bit longer sometimes but its very satisfying. and of course, being a bloke there's no way i'll ever ask for directions!!!

tom

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 6:02am
Hi Tim we have not got any synthetic reptiles yet but we have got a synthetic government who are using technology to miss inform us on the EU keith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic