the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some pics
    Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
For some reason I thought I posted my pics, but I realise I never got round to it.

Some pics from this spring mostly.

Hope you enjoy.

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:55am
Clap You just cheered me up so much Lulia, with the weather getting a lot cooler here a taste of spring is just what I needed, love all the pictures, especially the last one though, fat grassy with adders, perfect Thumbs Up

Edited by GemmaJF - 30 Sep 2012 at 12:56am
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 4:06pm
Always nice to see shots of more than one species together. Well caught Lulia.

Jason
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 5:34pm
How many adders there?
Suz
Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 6:10pm
Three adders? 

It was funny that one, as when I started taking the pic only the adders were in view, and the grass snake actually appeared in shot just as I was taking it - like he just wanted to be in the photoshoot! Didn't actually realise he was there until the pic was taken ...!

LOL
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 7:21pm
LOL Lulia, it must have know it would become a star on here eh? 

Rob will confirm but isn't it a she? Looks a bit thickset for a male and the collar looks like it is fading, which it does on many females as they age.

Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 10:12am
I haven't a clue about telling male and female grass snakes apart. I just about manage adders in the spring, but even then I get it wrong quite often. Smile
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 1:26pm
I'm just being picky Lulia Wink

Male adder are easy, the stripe is really black, forget the base colour in the spring. So in your last picture, all the adders are males.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic