the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snake swimming in the sea - is this normal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:07pm
we where at Scratby (just down the road from your sighting) on the 24th July and saw a snake swimming in the sea - as did loads of people.

I have a photo - but can't upload in this postCry

Anyone know how I can upload from my PC?

jimmy62alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy62alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 1:47pm
Most snakes love water, either for hunting fish or just to hydrate and cool down. Before a snake is due to shed its skin it will soak in water or go swimming. We bath all our snakes in our bath and they love it the Boa's, Pythons, Corn Snakes, Cali-Kings and our Gray Rat Snakes. In general all snakes will go to water some are surface swimmers and some are divers like our Pythons, our they like  the bath as deep as possible, it is awsome seeing them swimming and diving down to the bottom lol. I've only seen Grassie's in the wild swimming, but seeing any snake is still realy good seeing them be it in our bath or a snake in a lake. All snakes look good either on land or in water lo.
ALAN
Sheffield S25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic