the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So how many musicians do we have on Rauk?+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:07pm
Oh Ben, just read your post Smile

Couldn't agree more!

Lyrics have to be good.

I left out Abba as being one of the bands that i love.  Dancing Queen is enough to put me in a good mood and makes me sing along too. Smile even if I can't keep up with the lyrics. Ah, the Doors = you see that is another one. Just so many decent bands to mention that I would be all day otherwise (or all night).

Regards
SE Reptile Ecologist
Testudo Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Testudo Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:16pm
I cant play a guitar for peanutsEmbarrassed.

Whilst I admire anyone that can "rip it up" on an axe, Im more of a drums man myself.

Since Im an old fart(born in 63) and spent my youth in Auss. Its gotta be any early AC/DC for me(Scott on vocals)Wink love all their songs...one stands out for a guitar solo though..."Let there be rock" Clap I defy anyone not to like that, and the live version/video rocks!
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by tim hamlett tim hamlett wrote:

great work ben

someone invited me to join a faceboook group where people posted their fav tracks. i enjoyed it to start with but it soon became too difficult to keep up with new posts and there was a lot of stuff that wasn't my thing. 

may i propose we use this thread or start a new one where people are encouraged to post a maximum of one each per day, a track that for whatever reason they want to share with everyone?

as there have been a few mentions for them already, here's a start

tim

Great idea Tim!

I'll post one on Friday to get us all in that Friday mood. Smile

You do realise now Tim and Gemma that I am probably going to spend more time on here listening to other people's tracks every day, than actually doing any work. But I will have it running in the background as i'm working and I would say that inspiration should be flowing faster than i can typeSmile

Regards
SE Reptile Ecologist
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:24am
Enjoyed the Stranglers Tim, about 7th down on the right hand side is a live version of hanging around from '78 that comes up, I've watched that about a billion times, really worth a listen.

How about a bit of FotN?

Massively underated in my humble opinion, Ennio Morricone meets dry ice, bags of flour and distortion guitar, been to many of their gigs, never fail to please Wink

PS it starts quietly and the intro lasts over 4 minutes so you have to bear with it Big smile

Edited by GemmaJF - 04 May 2012 at 12:30am
KimLeaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimLeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:47am
Here's my Friday choice to get the blood pumping, try any track from Mountain"s live album. If you've not heard of them they were around for about three years in the very early seventies and the guitarist, Leslie West is absolutely awsome.
Kim
liamrussell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamrussell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:13am
The collection as of a couple of years ago. I do actually play them too...

sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by liamrussell liamrussell wrote:

The collection as of a couple of years ago. I do actually play them too...

that is one impressive collection Liam.

Regards
SE Reptile Ecologist
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:34pm
Fantastic Liam and there was me thinking I was being extravagant wanting a new electric guitar to compliment my now aging and well worn Jackson PS-2! Is that an original National Duolian in the front row?
liamrussell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamrussell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by GemmaJF GemmaJF wrote:

Fantastic Liam and there was me thinking I was being extravagant wanting a new electric guitar to compliment my now aging and well worn Jackson PS-2! Is that an original National Duolian in the front row?

Yes, from 1932. I have also acquired a Style-0 since that picture was taken, but sold a couple in the picture to pay for it (not the Duolian, that's a keeper). The Gibson top left is for sale now if anyone is interestedWink

Gemma, I think one guitar is too few and you should certainly get another. Electric guitars are thin anyway so you can stack them two deep under the bed...
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:13pm
LOL Liam, I do also have an acoustic which is good for the old finger tips! Things kind of hit a wall for me though when I bought a Line 6 Spider Jam amp. Ideal for someone like me who just likes to play along with my favourite songs at home, though the problem is because of the way it processes the signal, it really doesn't matter what is plugged into it, it will still sound exactly the same on any given pre-set or custom sound. So bang goes an excuse to start collecting guitars. I have a few on my hit list though, top of the bill of my wants list  must be a Gretsch Tennessean, (as used at times by Robert Smith of the Cure and also Paul Wright of FotN)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
  Share Topic