the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What are you doing at this hour; for late nighters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing at this hour; for late nighters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you doing at this hour; for late nighters
    Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:38am

I've noticed on a few occassions when I've visited this forum at this time of day that there are plenty of people online.  I was just wondering what people were doing at this hour?

For me, I've just finished working and thought I would "pop in" for a quick read of today's new posts. Tend to find this is the only time of day for visitng this site. Is the best time for writing up reports, as no clients are going to disturb me!

Are you all working too this late?

Bye for now as i'm finding it hard to stay awake now.

See you all probably at this time on Thursday morning.

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:25am
I was around late last night until well past 2 in the morning. I was working on a website for my little dear who now needs vast amounts of money to go play in the mud.

Sad thing is I started the session at around 9 the previous morning Sleepy Plenty of temptation to pop on here and read a few threads instead of banging my head on the keyboard because of the quirks of html. LOL PS if anyone reading this feels the need to support young people in motorsport, don't feel bad about contacting me for details or our sponsorship deals. Wink

Edited by GemmaJF - 01 Feb 2012 at 10:27am
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:10pm
I too am a late bird so often on the site for a quick look-see in the early hours. If Im doing some research I like to look on here as a bit of light relief. I love the mix of postings by professionals like Gemma and others like me who just enjoy being out and about and looking for wildlife. 
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 3:55pm
I am a bit more sensible then you lot I am sitting around in the warm quaffing a few whisky and beer chasers watching late night retro tv progs. keith

Edited by AGILIS - 01 Feb 2012 at 3:56pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:08pm
Well while we are chatting, what are your favourite retro programmes? I love the Sweeney - main reason being that when it was first run my Mum use to send me to bed when it came on. For years all I knew about it was the theme music. Da Da Da.... Da Da Da.... Der Da Da Da Da etc Big smile

PS just after posting this morning I lost two of the pages I had been working on late into last night, spent most of the day trying to recover what I've lost. Cry
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:37pm
get yourself tuned into challenge tv - repeats of bullseye. you really can't beat a bit o' bully lol!!! 

timEmbarrassed
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:52pm
Thanks for all your posts.
Sorry to hear that you lost your pages Gemma. Nothing more annoying!

Here slightly earlier than normal. Won't be here for too long though as need some rest.

Good to know that there is some midnight chatter here too. Smile for times when i feel utterly bored with report writing. Not saying that report writing is boring of course, but that it can get a bit too much at times......Good to come on here too for some inspiration.

By the way, Gemma, website looks fab!

As TV shows go, love Corrie (although a bit disappointed that Jeremy Sheffield has left the show now) and Eastenders when they have an interesting story line. Not exactly "retro" through, i must admit.

Guess I will be watching a bit more telly over the nest few days as taking some time off. So, you might not see me around for a few days, but will "pop" in when i'm back.  Not that we haven't got any work to be getting on with at this time of year, but I had an accident today so taking some time off. Nothing too serious, but bit hard to work outside on one leg!!

Thank godness, it's not the middle of the peak survey season as i would be seriously panicking.

Bye for now and see you all soon.

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:23pm
Well I'm still here, pages were lost due to the dreadful MS Front Page.

Now have one of the lost pages back.. and the rest of the site is now coded properly too. I guess it was better that it happened when it did as it gave me chance to start from the beginning today and code it all properly.

Happens every time I do a website. I start of in Front Page, get to 4 or 5 pages, which is about when the software decides it has had enough and the website is far too advanced and implodes. I then end up typing in all the code by hand using Notepad lol. At least then it does what I expect it to.

Hope the leg gets better soon!
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 11:33am
Same as you Gemma love I love the Sweeney all half pissed drinking whisky in the cop shop, with loads of non pc fags being lit up every where. then theres Minder and the Professionals having to duck in and out of phone boxes cause no one had a mobile those days and of cause theres the darling buds of may and fools and horses keith

Edited by AGILIS - 02 Feb 2012 at 11:36am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:24pm
I've got the complete DVD box set of the Professionals, must be one of my all time favourites. Minder is a must too, watched every episode first time round. Just love it all, totally non-PC beautiful 70's cars in every episode way better than today's 'Reality' nonsense. About the only thing I go out of my way to watch that is modern is Alaska's Toughest Pilots, but that is only because they are all raving nuts.

My all time favourite TV show though is the Gerry Anderson Sci-Fi series UFO.

Second of the lost pages is now almost complete, I remember now why I handed RAUK over to Chris's capable hands Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic