the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Habitat Loss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chinese lanterns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chinese lanterns
    Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:20am
I hate the things and balloons too.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:41am
Some of the outlets for these in East Devon agreed not to sell them any more when the dangers were pointed out.
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 6:37am
I cant see why these flying fire hazards can be allowed, the the law is an ass when it comes to real dangers,cant puff on a fag but you can send a fire hazard up into random targets.ps The japs had a ww2 weapon like these sent up balloons with incendiary bombs attatched.

Edited by AGILIS - 11 Aug 2011 at 2:44pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:14pm
Not sure what to put this under, but I was struck by the fact that I found two spent Chinese lanterns on 2 different NNR heaths in Dorset today... so, even when the firebugs are busy torching their local shopping centre rather than the heaths, there's still another way for the heath to go up in flames.. (lantern in situ, Sopley Common)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic