the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Toad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toadlet migration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:17pm
Browser Chris? I think I'm on Explorer 8, almost sure, but wouldn't put my hand on the good book...that is my book on Grass Snakes!Approve

But as long as other can see them I don't really mind.

Cheers for trying to fathom it anyway - good job by the way, don't know what we'd all do if you upped sticks.

R
RobV
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:43pm
Not the same at all, but when pet toroises in our family did gain freedom from their runs they would always turn and head in the same direction. Even if you directed them by turning them round they always preferred to go one way. This had nothing to do with cover or obstacles but must have been some other reason.
Suz
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:24pm

Thanks for the kind comments Rob.

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem and find a solution with IE8. No promises though!

All the best

Chris

Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 8:11pm
Obviously tortoises, not toroises!
Suz
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:08am
hi Suze,

wouldn't surprise me if its something to do with magnetism. After all, it's the one constant isnt it. The sun appears to move so can't be their guide, as you say they're not always hampered by obstacles so it must be something like that of racing pigeons... maybe all animals can see lay lines etc and we don't know that they can.

R
RobV
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 1:02pm

Toadlets have now arrived at work. 3 today (one stood on ).

Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:21pm
Hey Chris,

the pic disappearance thing is happening again, but this time, even if I reply the pics doesn't show!!!???

Rob
RobV
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 8:33am

Hi Rob

That is a bummer. Trouble is, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on any number of PCs, operating systems and internet browsers - so it is incredibly difficult for me to suggest a cause. It might be worth you looking very carefully at your browser settings. If you are using Internet Explorer 8 try on the menu, Tools.Internet Options, select the Advanced tab and look at the various settings - in particular those under 'Multimedia'. It might also be worth looking at the Security tab and ensure it is set to Medium-High and not High (the latter can render a lot of websites next to useless!)

All the best

Chris

Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic