the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Societies, Groups and Clubs > Meetings and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A trip to the Wick?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A trip to the Wick?
    Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 12:42am

I'm planning a trip to Fingringhoe Wick Monday or Tuesday this week. One of those sites I know is a reptile hot spot but never spent a lot of time at. If anyone wants to meet up for a poke around either on Monday or Tuesday let me know.

I did visit a couple of times last year, grassie crossed the road on the drive in, common lizards everywhere but yet to take a good look round for snakes. Not a site I know so will be a scope for likely spots with hopefully some sightings along the way.

AndyS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 10:35am
Hi Gemma
if this is where you are going? don't go on Monday as they are still on Winter opening times.
http://www.essexwt.org.uk/visitor_centres__nature_reserves/f ingringhoe_wick
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 1:21pm
Cheers Andy had not spotted that they are closed Monday, Tuesday will be the day then.
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 5:50pm

Hi Gemma

Thanks for this.

I might just join you. It would be nice to get out of the office and away from the paperwork for a few hours. Haven't been to Wick for so long but it's a fab place to go.

Will send you a PM a bit later with contact details etc if that is ok as I don't want to put them online here.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 7:10pm
Sure that would be great, anyone else for a day out?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 10:17pm

Well it was misty all day, just the one adder reported in 'Essex Adders 2011' thread.

Plan is to be there again at 09:00 Saturday 19th March - when the weather should be better. Rob's already said he might be able to make it, anyone else?

Edited by GemmaJF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic