the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

births ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 7:22pm

Saw a neo adder in west Wales yesterday with a bulge and appeared to be sloughing. Will be able to post a picture in a week or so.

Mike

Mike Brown
Merseyside ARG
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 5:48pm
Anyone seen babies yet ?  Given the early sightings of baby lizards, grass snakes etc I was expecting neo adders early too, but this was my first post partum female of the year in London today, though I couldn't find her babies

Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 9:40pm
Two gravid females by me still to give birth.  All the other females that are out basking that I've seen in the last two weeks, bar one (out of seven) have recently eaten large rodents and are reluctant to move except when there are cows near.  Only seen two neos, but these are away from the females and closer to the only two males I've seen. 
"England Expects"
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 1:48pm
Saw 2 male adders basking together at a London site today - exactly one year ago had a female at the same site.  Guess that's it for the year.
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 12:18pm
Yeah, things are quiet by me now.  Looks like that's it.  It's always a sad time of year for me
"England Expects"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic